We offer environmentally and economically sustainable solutions for power generation
in remote regions and islands where the integration of renewable energy
sources is key to ensuring grid stability and reducing dependence on fossil fuel.
Microgrids require smart, flexible battery storage solutions that can integrate multiple renewable energy sources such as wind and solar with conventional generation, while at the same time preserving grid stability. A Leclanché lithium-ion BESS is ideally suited for both large-scale and smaller microgrid applications.
Customer applications include diesel displacement, renewable energy integration, and grid independence.
Leclanché microgrid solutions:
- Reduce dependence on costly fossil fuel and exposure to price volatility
- Increase grid stability and resilience with the assistance of intelligent software
- Reduce overall generation and O&M costs
- Reduce air and noise emissions and carbon footprint
- Address challenging energy demands in remote areas and island locations
Leclanché completed a 6.0 MW / 3.2 MWh microgrid project on Graciosa Island in the Azores which enables the utility to produce more than 70% of its total energy from renewable resources, including both wind and solar. Read more here.